Thursday, October 20, 2011

Mirror, Mirror

Over at Squigglefly, their challenge is "Face your Fears". Yeah, I'm afraid of spiders, mice, things that go bump in the night but truthfully, I fear sagging, wrinkles and old age more!
Not long ago, I was in a quaint little store and came across a sign that said "Mirror, Mirror on the wall, what the heck happened?". Of course, I bought it right away!

I thought this image "Oh no she didn't" by Chesney Young worked perfectly with the sentiment. The flower embellie is actually a mirror, couldn't pass up attaching it to the card!
For Tuesday Trio's challenge, I followed their sketch (below) and used the following:
  • Something Old - as in "had it for along time" - The papers I used (stretching, I know)
  • Something New - The mirror
  • Something Borrowed - The Sentiment (am I stretching that one?!)
  • Something Blue - Eyes
I will be entering this card in the following challenges:
Squigglefly "Face your Fears"
Riley and Co. "Orange and Black"
Tuesday Trio "Sketch / Something Old, New, Borrowed, Blue"

8 comments:

  1. That sentiment is just toooooo funny! Love this, Michelle! Very cute card.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Michelle! I love the sentiment too :)

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bwaahaahaa! LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!! Perfectly understandable fear. Fantastic job. Thanks for playing along with Squigglefly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun take on your fear, and I love your card! What a perfect place for the mirrored flower! So happy you played in Squigglefly's challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hee hee hee, what a fun card! That mirror flower is brilliant. Thanks for playing with us at Squigglefly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! Thanks for playing along with Tuesday Trio!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is a hoot! Perfect sentiment for the image! Thanks for joining us at the Squigglefly challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kove that mirrored flower! And such a cute cute card.
    Thanks for playing with us this week.

    Dailly - TT DT

    ReplyDelete