Sunday, October 9, 2011

It's so Distressing!

For this weeks challenge at Stamptacular Sunday Challenge, we want you to create a card or a project using some sort of distressing technique. Ink it, tear it, sand it, scratch it, scrape it…the choice is yours as long as it’s distressed it counts!
You will have from now until midnight (EST) October 15th, 2011 to complete this challenge and post a DIRECT LINK to your submission into our InLinkz in order to be entered into the drawing for this week's fabulous prize donated by:

PRIZE: $20 Gift Certificate
and
PRIZE: Winner’s Choice of TWO Digi Images
I tried my hand at an accordion fold card this week, was it every easy! For a quick card, I recommend this fold. I used one of Elisabeth Bell's images "Lil Lynda's Piano Forte", isn't she adorable!
I colored her with my Copics and of course, can't make a card without Glossy Accents which I applied to her bow, the roses on her pillow, music note on the piano and the dog collar. I used Tim Holtz Distressing Ink, Black Soot to distress the edges.

The sentiment "It's the little things in life that mean the most" is from Ginger's House. I used a black & white frame from Creative Memories, attached some paper flowers inside the frame and there you have it.
Now it's your turn! Make sure you check out the amazing creations from our Stamptacular Sunday Design Team!

8 comments:

  1. Hi Michelle this is beautiful I love the distressed look so if I get chance I will def be joining in but I love your creation
    Jacki xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card Michelle. You should enter it over at Digi Doodle Shop's Challenge, for distressing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card! Love the red, black and white on this fabulous card! Very cute image too.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Michelle. I love using my distress inks and the image is gorgeous.

    Hugs
    Linda xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautyful card Michelle, i will definitely try it out my self, as i love different folded cards.

    Hugs Winnie @ Norwayscrapper

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love the fold that you used and the black and red makes this card so especially striking. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a beautiful card. Love the fold, and am definetely gonna have a go at it;) Striking colours and the fold suits that image so well;) Hugs Bettina

    ReplyDelete