Saturday, May 15, 2021

Beauty

 Welcome back for our new challenge at Creatalicious Challenges! As always our theme is ATG with an optional "Twist".  Our twist for this challenge is "For a Woman".

Our fab sponsor for this challenge is SheepSki Designs and the lucky winner will received 3 digis of their choice.

This lovely image is Cat and when I saw this image the first person that came to mind was my friend Nubia.  She is strong, confident, beautiful and wise beyond her years.  She is from Mexico City and has a fiery personality that goes along with her beautiful accent.  Nubia can pull off any hairstyle and she usually surprises us with vibrant colored hair. This card is a tribute to a very special woman.

I colored the image with Copic Markers then added glossy accents to her eye and lips.  For the layout I cased a design from a very talented lady, Shani.  Shani always has the most amazing papers and I love how she matches and layers - yes, I'm a big fan!

The papers have been in my stash for literally years and I often wonder why I hang on to them and never use them.  The flowers are by Prima Flowers and the sentiment....well I searched high and low for something that would work.  I even considered printing something but that was too easy to make a mistake.  I went through every stamp I owned multiple times, nothing.  I was about to give up when I turned in my chair, staring at my shelves and realized I have a box of Close to my Heart stamps sets that I hadn't looked through, SCORE!

The sentiment is from the Playful Flourishes collection and it was even curved, perfect for this image. I am on a complete ramble tonite and for those of you who have actually taken the time to read all of it, I applaud you :)  As I look at the finished product, I have an issue with picking the right size when I work with square cards - I seem to have so much left over space.  I am always sure the size I pick is perfect for the image size and I'm always wrong and feel like I need to keep adding things to fill up the space, sigh .. one day.

Okay, I promise I'm done with my chatter and would like to thank those of you who have taken the time to visit and read and I truly hope you have a chance to play along with us at Creatalicious Challenges!

Challenges
Crafty Gals Corner -  For the Ladies #219 (May) .
Watercooler Wednesday - Feminine #315 .
Try it on Tuesday - Make it Feminine .
SheepSki Designs Challenge - #50 Floral Dance .

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Michelle, and I'm sure your friend Nubia will be very flattered if she reads this. I love the pink hair color you've chosen, and of course I HAVE to love your fleur de lys paper, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is a modern beauty for certain. I like this card. Thanks for sharing with us at Try It On Tuesday Michelle. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. She looks so beautiful, your friend will love it.
    Thank you for joining us over at Try it on Tuesdays.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous creation! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner for our "For the Ladies" challenge!

    ReplyDelete