Friday, March 1, 2024

Bleached Dollies

Christms {or not} Bingo Challenges has a new challenge ready to go for you!

We will feature a new Bingo card for each challenge and while this isn't your typical game of BINGO, you are required to use at least three items in ONE column.

We are a "just for fun" challenge where you will have the chance to proudly display our Winner or Top Pick Badge!

My choice was the "G" column - Embossing, Bleaching, Splatters.


When I saw Bleaching - I had no idea what this technique was so I had to do a little googling - such a simple technique and the effects are so beautiful I had to give it a shot.

I started with distress oxide inks, starting in the middle with Dried Marigold and worked my way to the outside with Abandoned Coral, Rusty Hinge and Gathered Twigs.  After the background was dry, I stamped the images from the Decorative Dollies collection by Inkadinkado with VersaMark and heat embossed with gold embossing powder.  

I dipped a paint brush in bleach and started "painting" the areas I wanted bleached.  I had such a hard time taking a photo that could capture the effect but it was really difficult to capture.  Some of the areas retained the colors of the distressed inks giving a hue effect.  I wet my hands and clapped over the front then splattered with gold paint. I finished off with a quick overall spray with Sheer Shimmer craft spray and added a few gold embellies.

So glad you stopped by and I look forward to seeing your creation!

Challenges
My Time to Craft! - Make your own Background #528 (Mar 7) .
Tic Tac Toe - #242 Metallic (Gold embossing), Any Shape, Fave Color (Coral) (Mar 20)  .
Fab 'n' Funky Challenges - Use your Favorite Color (Coral)  #590 (Mar 12)  .

2 comments: